These are good terrestrial dates on the Chimehuin (fishing hoppers, beetles, cicadas, ants & droppers if necessary).
Excellent prime dates on the lower Collon Cura—native minnow run comes up the lower 10 miles of the river with 30-50+ fish per boat, between 14-20 inches is average on floating lines. Terrestrial and chubby/pancora (crayfish) combo fishing available above the influence of the minnows.
Excellent prime dates for big browns (21-30+ inches) with dries on the lower Limay—statistically some of the best of the whole season. Quality rainbow (17-21 inches) fishing as well—with terrestrials and nymphs.
Please read through the itinerary, ask any questions you have, and look through the numbers detailed at the bottom.
We have dry bags for each group member, although they are more than welcome to pre-pack and bring their own dry bags ready for the overnight.
- Group arrives into Chapelco Airport
- Transfer 1 hr to Collon Cura River for pm float and riverside picnic
- Take out and return 1.5 hrs to Casa de Eugenia Hosteria San Martin de los Andes
- Dry bags provided for the overnight
- Day off and meal on your own
- Night at hotel
- 8 am continental breakfast at the hotel
- 8:30 CLE guides arrive and pick up the group
- Extra luggage and bags are left in the lobby (bags will be picked up and held at the Sorensen’s house)
- Transfer 20 min to the put in on the Chimehuin
- Float the Chimehuin with riverside picnic
- Overnight in camp on the river
- Float lower Chimehuin down to the Confluence with Collon Cura
- Take out and transfer 20 min to Est Collon Cura
- Your bags await you in your rooms
- Open bar, dinner, and night at the ranch
Feb 25 & 26
- Breakfast at 8:30
- Full day floats on Collon Cura River within Estancia Collon Cura
- Meals and lodging at the ranch
Feb 27 & 28
- Transfer to Limay River (approx 1 hr 15 min)
- Float & overnight camp
- Float Limay for the day, take out around 4:30 pm and return to Casa de Eugenia Hosteria in San Martin
- Dinner on your own
- Continental breakfast at hotel
- Transfer to Chapelco Airport
Costs & Summary
Total per person based on double occupancy: $5,520
Deposit per person: $2,760
Includes: All accommodations, guiding, all meals (except while staying in San Martin), transfers to and from the airport, open bar before dinner at the estancia, all flies, rods & reels, boots, and fishing license.
Does not include: Airfare, hotels or transfers in Buenos Aires, gratuities, waders, dinners in San Martin de los Andes, hard alcohol while on the overnight floats, and additional costs due to changes to the itinerary beyond the outfitter’s control.
Deposit & Cancellation Policies
A 50% deposit is required within 10 working days to hold a reservation. Deposits are non-refundable unless another client is found for the same itinerary on the same dates. The trip balance is due prior to 90 days before the start of the client’s trip and is non-refundable. If we do not receive notification of cancellation in writing before the 90 day deadline you are responsible for full payment. Cancellations will forfeit all monies paid unless a replacement can be found. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Travel Agent Contact Info
For all your travel (airfare, hotels & private transfers in Buenos Aires) you can contact Barbara Sorensen (she’s been a travel agent for 25+ years) listed below.
She has handled many of our clients over the years and with the private bi-lingual transfers the whole process of negotiating Buenos Aires is made super easy, worry-free, and incredibly informative.
Please keep in mind Barbara operates as a separate entity from CLE and will not be able to field questions regarding your fishing itinerary, equipment, or arrangements upon arrival into Patagonia.
Uniglobe Spectrum Travel
15150 SW Bangy Road
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Toll Free: 800-544-2575